Sarah and I are lucky when we get a chance to be on the same side of the country once or twice a year. These past six months, we’ve been just spoiled with the amount of sister time we’ve been able to spend together. Most recently, we were reunited earlier this month to celebrate the wedding of our cousin, Colby, and we were both honored to stand by her side as bridesmaids! Her wedding day was picture perfect, and the bride couldn’t have been more stunning. Here are a few of our favorite sister moments from the weekend:
The wedding got us thinking about our own personal styles for our “big day”. I mean, what girl doesn’t dream about her wedding day – or at least make a board about it on Pinterest? That’s how we came across the October Style Challenge for Weddington Way. If you don’t know about the website already, Weddington Way makes planning a bridal party look effortless by curating the top trends and designers on an easy-to-use site.
For the challenge, we were asked to style a head-to-toe bridesmaid/Maid of Honor look, which was perfect timing for us! We began by taking the bridal questionnaire to gauge what style fit our personalities best by answering questions like “structured or flowy” and “what words describe your dream wedding”.
After our showrooms were created, we picked our favorite dresses and created Maid of Honor looks for each other. Yes, when you have a sister, you also get a built-in Maid of Honor for your wedding. And we wouldn’t want it any other way!
Emmy/West Coast Wedding
The words that stood out to me most on the questionnaire were “romantic” and “garden”. Living on the West Coast, there is an endless list of outdoor destinations I wouldn’t mind having my future wedding at. The location that inspired my head-to-toe look was this gorgeous Big Sur ceremony overlooking both the Redwoods and the Pacific Ocean. The style I chose was both romantic and feminine that paired perfectly with bohemian decorations, like a flower crown and Flash Tattoos.
1. A simple flower crown complementing a loose up-do. I couldn’t find a link to purchase the pictured crown, but something like this from Etsy is just as lovely.
2. Dusty rose lip color from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics with a matte finish, and for an added bonus, it’s 100% Vegan, helping me and Mother Nature.
3. Forego the statement jewelry for Flash Tattoos, which are metallic temporary tattoos with unique designs, including this Lena set. And for $20, you can cover your whole bridal party!
4. Neutral shoe with a touch of bling. These are Vera Wang Lavender label, which are sadly sold out, but I love this alternative from Steve Madden.
Bouquet: I know I have always wanted anemones and peonies in my bouquet, and this amazing bouquet from a Gatsby New Year’s wedding perfectly tied the look together.
Sarah/East Coast Wedding
Classic and romantic is the vibe I was going for after completing my questionnaire. I am already a huge fan of designer Lela Rose, and mostly everyone knows that purple is my absolute favorite color, so this style was perfect for my dream wedding day. This elegant shape is a perfect canvas for modern accessories, like crystal drop earrings and killer laser-cut sandals.
1. A beautifully crafted sash from BHLDN with delicate flowers adorned with sparkling crystals adds an extra special touch.
2. I love a great lip color, and this easy-wear vibrant shade from Revlon is my everyday (and wedding day) go-to.
3. These neutral Klub Nico sandals have an Art Nouveau vibe to them that still reads really modern.
4. Crystal drop earrings from BaubleBar keeps a simple style with a serious dosage of sparkle.
Bouquet: The perfect blend of purples and pinks featuring my favorite flower, stargazer lillies.
We hope you enjoyed our Weddington Way styles!